1.pink lion –
This is a wonderful memory that I got from January last year. I attented to the Midem music festival in Cannes where about 10.000 people from all around the world came to talk and do business in regards with music.
It’s definitely a great place for artists to do some networking and also meeting publishers and record labels. On the last day of my visit I decided to do a good meditation and visualisation before starting my long schedule day of meetings. It made me feel strong, focused and very relaxed.
I texted my husband, who is a Behaviour Strategist in Harley Street, and wrote – I feel like a pink lion. As a response, my husband sent me this wonderful photo that became my screen saver, reminding me that sensation of feeling strong but soft at the same time – Velvet glove with Iron fist .
2. On the same day I went to the Carlton hotel in Cannes, where all the exclusive people from the music industry have their meetings. With the attitude of a Pink Lion I was looking around and also very aware of what was going on. Suddenly I saw a man in his late sixties who was talking with the Warner music representative in Israel. I was drawn to talk to him even though I felt a bit shy. I looked at my pink lion photo and went straight and started to speak to him. I was thrilled to realise that my intuition was so strong as the man was the legendary -Seymour Stein, who was the founder of Sire Records which signed pioneer artists such as Talking Heads, The Pretenders , Madonna, Depeche Mode and many more . I told him about my song ‘Free Will’ and very soon I will actually send him the single!
3. Deciding to do the kickstarter campaign was a moment that I will never forget. To do such a campaign I had to work out of my comfort zone, as we all know that asking for money is not the easiest thing.
4. Recording string section for my single.
It was the first time that I had 14 players playing my songs. I absolutely loved it and it felt very emotional. The cinematic strings section were recorded by Haydn Bendall who’s previous credit include Kate Bush, Katie Melua and Dido. The beautiful strings arrangement was done by Phil Curran who worked with me on my previous BBC 2 playlisted single “Beauty of the Duty”.
5. Celebrating my 50th birthday at the Old Government House Hotel with my husband and receiving beautiful messages from all my fans and friends. I feel that Life begins at 50th!
6. Singing ‘Free Will’ at the Houses of Commons.
7. Achieving my kickstarter Goal !
8. Supporting Mkdons and watching the game when they won 4-0 to Manchester United !
9. Recording the piano version with special gusets – the Ely Cathedral Girls Choir conducted by Sarah E. A. MacDonald which created a pure and ethereal sound and the Latin version in English and Spanish ‘Tengo Libertad’ featuring Eric Fernandez
who is know for his collaboration with
the Gypsy Kings.